Reducing the spread of Covid-19
- Do not enter the facility if you have any Covid-19 symptoms
- All sessions will enter and exit via the main reception
- Please sanitise your hands upon entrance of the building and pass straight through reception
- Face coverings are mandatory whilst walking through the building to your session (adults only)
- Remain in designated area outside of room/pitch, do not enter for any reason whilst another session is ongoing
- Do not enter the room/pitch until allocated time
- Practice social distancing whenever possible if you encounter other customers in the facility
- Only participants will be permitted entry, please do not invite spectators to your sessions
- There will be no access to changing rooms and showers
- There will toilets made available on site. These toilets are not to be used as changing rooms, please arrive appropriately dressed for your activity
- We will not be hiring out any balls/bibs or extra equipment for your sessions
- Our staff can provide emergency first aid if needed, this is at their personal discretion based on the circumstances surrounding the injury and the assistance required. The staff will wear gloves and a mask if first aid is to be administered.
NHS Test & Trace
Our school and it’s users must comply with the following:
The group leader is responsible for emailing in Full Names and Telephone Numbers for all of their groups attendees to aid NHS Test and Trace. Please ensure this is done prior to arrival at the facility.
If the group members vary on a weekly basis or a temporary member is invited for an individual session, please update the staff via email prior to the session commencing.
Please submit the email into email@example.com
We do not have the capacity to safely collect this information from you individually at the front desk. As the reception is a small area we aim to minimise crossover by asking all customer to walk through briskly, wearing a face covering of course (unless exempt).
For each group that a list is not submitted we will ask for the group to remain outside until a list is submitted by the organiser. If there are genuine privacy concerns, then individuals from the group can scan the NHS apps QR code instead of leaving details with us. – Our staff are required to check the screen to verify this* (see excerpt from Gov website below).
The information received will be kept for 21 days and will not be used for any purpose other than to alert users of the facility and the NHS if it becomes necessary to do so. Data is handled in accordance with GDPR
If you are a coaching children or a vulnerable adults’ session, different rules apply, please contact us.
If you or anyone in your group is diagnosed with COVID-19 please alert us straight away
Excerpt from Gov website:
The UK is currently experiencing a public health emergency as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. It is therefore critical that organisations take a range of measures to keep everyone safe.
Venues in hospitality, the tourism and leisure industry, close contact services, community centres and village halls must:
- ask every customer or visitor (over the age of 16) to provide their name and contact details
- keep a record of all staff working on their premises and shift times on a given day and their contact details
- keep these records of customers, visitors and staff for 21 days and provide data to NHS Test and Trace if requested
- display an official NHS QR code poster so that customers and visitors can ‘check in’ using the NHS COVID-19 app as an alternative to providing their contact details
- adhere to General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
-Failure to do any of these requirements could result in fixed penalty fines.
If someone does not wish to share their details, provides incorrect information or chooses not to scan the NHS QR code:
Hospitality venues must take reasonable steps to refuse entry to a customer or visitor who does not provide their name and contact details or who has not scanned the NHS QR code.
*Hospitality venues should verify that an individual has checked in using the QR code by reviewing the individual’s phone screen. This is not necessary if they have already provided their contact details.
Staggered session timings
- Your session may start up to 10 minutes earlier or later than the usual ‘on the hour’ start and end time..
- To minimise group crossovers, customers will only be allowed onsite 10 minutes before their session start, this will allow customers to sanitise their hands and make way to the designated wait zones outside of the activity space. If you arrive earlier, you will be asked to remain outside the building.
- During the restricted opening period, each booking slot will be reduced to 55 minutes (usually 1 hour). If your booking consists of 2 (or more) consecutive hours, your group can remain in the activity area and do not need to exit/re-enter every 55 minutes.
- We may allow some outdoor bookings to use the pitches for a full hour, only if it is safe to changeover without any group close-contact during crossover.
- A member of staff will be present to alert you of the session end time and to help facilitate the changeovers, once your session ends please follow any instuctions given and vacate the facility promptly.Please be wary that your session start times in April 2021 may have moved slightly earlier or later than usual. This is to stagger the groups coming into/exiting the facility to help reduce congestion at the entrance. You can find your updated booking times when checking your account ggcb.co.uk/my-account/
An indication of how the sessions are now staggered is given below:
- 9-a-side 3G
start times: hh:50 end times: hh:50 +1
start times: hh:05 end times: hh:00 +1
- Sports Hall
start times: hh:10 end times: hh:05 +1
- 9-a-side 3G
Youth sessions (indoor & outdoor)
1. Maximum of 4 adults per area booked – coaches and authorised assistants only. No Parents or Spectators
2. Parents and guardians to wait outside the facility – just to the side of the main entrance near/inside the fenced area labelled ‘Cafe Vert’
3. Coaches and session leaders must meet-and-greet their participants outside the front entrance (keeping to a side – so that a pathway is clear for other users) and walk the group through to their area
4. It is the Coaches /session leader’s responsibility to keep an accurate register of each session
5. Coach will provide contact number for late comers to call so they can send assistant to collect from outside main entrance
6. At end of session the coach/session leader will bring all participants to the same area outside the main entrance to be picked up
Q. What if I’m running late?
A. Please call the session leader to come down and collect the child – the parent / carer must remain outside the facility till the child is collected by session leader.
The session leader will provide you their contact information and have an assistant to help with this task of ferrying children to and from reception to their classes.
Q. What if my child needs to go to the bathroom whilst we’re waiting outside for the coach to collect?
A. In this instance, to minimise unnecessary close contact, the parent/guardian will be allowed in to the building briefly to use the facility just to the side of reception.
– The parent / carer must either use the NHS app or leave their name and contact details at reception.
– They then must vacate the building immediately (1 in, 1 out system).
Please adhere to the Hands. Face. Space.
Under all weather conditions Congregating in lobbies, corridors & toilets is not permitted.
Outdoor sessions are usually cancelled if there is a severe weather warning from the met-office
- For booking made directly via the website, the new pricing structure can be found here: ggcb.co.uk/pricing/
To adapt to the recent announcement of new measures, a reduced pricing structure now applies for indoor adult sessionsSports Hall £18Gymnasium £15Studio £15Theatre £15Badminton (1x Court only)– Sports Hall £12– Gymnasium £11
We understand that this is a big change to our usual procedures, but please help us in mitigating COVID-19 transmissions by following the above guidelines and instructions of the staff on the day.
Please do contact us if you have any other queries or concerns.